The Liturgy of the Hours, also known as the Divine Office or the Breviary, is an important vehicle for advancing in the spiritual life, a step that any serious Catholic, with the help of Father Timothy Gallagher, can take today.
Relying on insights from popes and saints, as well as on his five decades' experience praying the Liturgy of the Hours, Father Gallagher opens your eyes to this spiritual treasury and shows you how, by means of its sanctifying rhythm, it will help you progress on your spiritual journey.
Soon, you will be among the multitude of Catholics who pray the Hours daily and are richly blessed by the flow of graces these prayers yield.
- The basic elements of the Liturgy of the Hours
- How to incorporate them into your day, no matter how busy you may be
- How the Hours will revitalize your daily prayers and prevent them from becoming routine
- How they will extend the graces you obtain at Mass into your entire day
- How praying the Hours with your family will link you more intimately to each other and to the universal Church.